Tuesday, May 22, 2012

mother's day and the national arboretum

Mother's Day started off with sleeping in, flowers, and chocolate-stuffed french toast, hashbrowns, and eggs, courtesy of Ben. Then he suggested the National Arboretum for a morning walk. We walked around Fern Valley which was green and lush and beautiful and full of flowering plants. We spotted a snake and a lot of frogs. We also walked through the flowering dogwood collection and caught the trees at their peak bloom. Amelia and Elsa kept presenting me with flower/plant bouquets they assembled with materials found on the ground.

Throughout the rest of the day I received numerous homemade cards and pictures from Amelia and Elsa. They did a great job singing the Mother's Day songs in church. Ben took care of all the meals and the dishes. The day ended with a test fire in our new fire pit. And s'mores!















Ben tried, unsuccessfully, to catch a frog for the kids.










One of the many bouquets I received.





1 comment:

  1. Well, you just described the Mother's Day I would have loved! You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...