I designed a logo for a band I'm loving lately (Great Lake Swimmers) and we used the photo emulsion method to transfer the design to the screen. We were pretty happy with the results. I'm still completely amazed by the process.
I recently discovered another home method for screen printing which is not as easy, but cheaper. I LOVE using things for purposes other than what they were originally intended. I made my own screen using an embroidery hoop and sheer curtain material. This process involves painting the negative space of your image with glue. I was completely surprised that this actually worked. I printed a bunch of cards and then a little apron for Amelia.
These are the two different screens.
I still like to do the freezer paper stencils, although they are only good for one print and you are limited by your ability to cut with an x-acto knife.
My latest stenciled onesie...it was originally going to be just an umbrella, but it seemed rather lonely.
Wow. I'm impressed. How do you do freezer stencils?
ReplyDeleteThese are very cool. You are always so creative, I love the stuff you create!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome Sarah!! Your creative juices are like a river that rivals the Nile!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool. It tempts me...
ReplyDeleteYou should start an Etsy shop.
Will you come decorate my house and dress my children for me? I absolutely love your style!! When you start your own business someday, will you send me your catalog?
ReplyDeleteThese all turned out great! You're an amazing designer.
ReplyDeleteSeriously. Seriously! I want to buy a bike apron from you. Can you do more? I'll pay you whatever you want. It is too perfect!!!!!!!!!! You are a true artist!
ReplyDelete