Friday, August 28, 2009

Carousels.









Yesterday we needed an adventure so we drove into Maryland. I often overlook Maryland, thinking that it's far away. But it's just down the road. We found a fun little farm and park only about 20 minutes away called Old Maryland Farm. There was a train and a carousel and a farm with animals and a really nice playground (minus the bees). It was so hot and humid. But we needed to get out of the house.

By the time dinner rolled around, I was exhausted. I'm pretty sure Ben could tell that getting those fajitas on the table for dinner took the last bit of energy I had for the day. So after we ate, he told me to take the night off. I left the dirty dishes and the dirty house and the dirty kids and retreated to my bed where I got to read a magazine. From start to finish. With no interruptions. I could hear the sounds of kids yelling. Elsa getting into the toilet again. Some laughing too. The sound of dishes being washed. And then I think I dozed off. When I emerged a few hours later, the house was straightened, the kids were bathed and in bed, dishes were done, and I had nothing to do with any of it. Do I have the best husband ever? Yes. I do.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...