Ben and I finished up our mini vacation with a trip to Dumbarton Oaks in Georgetown. It has been on my to-do list for years and I kept waiting to go in the spring when the blossoms are supposed to be really beautiful there. But WOW. This place was incredible with the fall colors. The gardens are huge and lovely and interesting. I was literally gasping every time we turned a corner. It was so fun to explore. The late afternoon light was incredible and the tops of the trees looked like they were on fire. I couldn't believe how many flowers and plants were blooming in rich fall colors. I'm sad I waited this long to discover this place. I'm excited to take the kids back so they can explore the nooks and crannies. Although it was quite luxurious to just stroll around with Ben. If we hadn't just done family photos elsewhere, this would be a great spot. Maybe in the spring...
It is impossible to imagine spring at DO being more remarkable than fall! I am dying over these photos. What a stunner of a 24 hour date!
ReplyDeleteI like to pretend that I am living vicariously through you and am getting to see all these fabulous fall beauties. Simply lovely.
ReplyDelete