Oliver turned one on Saturday and we celebrated with a trip to the zoo. We did the ceremonial "turning around of the car seat" before we left and he was very excited about his new view. (Um, we're ignoring the new recommendations to keep your child rear facing until they're 2.) After the zoo we came home for presents and cake. The girls were far more involved in the actual opening of the presents and had just as much fun as Oliver. He loves owls (probably because
his room is filled with them) and loves to make the owl sound so I made him an owl cake. I saw something online and made a few alterations based on what I was able to find. This was actually my easiest birthday cake yet. The hardest part was finding all of the components.
Oliver has the best laugh and the cutest toothy smile. He loves to eat anything. He adores his big sisters. He likes to dance whenever he hears music and LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba. He's still obsessed with the toilet, although the dishwasher comes in a close second. He squeals with excitement whenever he takes a bath. And he loves any variation of peek-a-boo. We love our little Ollie!
 |
| The girls made baby owls. |
I LOVE that cake. So impressive!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday little man! Incredible cake!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that cake and your Ollie is adorable!
ReplyDelete