We spent the morning walking across the Wilson Bridge to Maryland. When we got back to the Virginia side, we walked to the Jones Point Light House. It was nearly lunch time so we headed into Old Town and got my favorite veggie hummus pita at The Perfect Pita near my old office. I used to spend many lunches enjoying pitas and a lovely river view from the back steps of my building. The girls were in heaven with all of the steps to climb on and the strange statue of disassembled body parts.
(Jones Point Light House)
(Enjoying our pitas...my old office is in the background.)
We spent the afternoon doing yard work. I have decided that I love spring-time yard work. Amelia worked a little too hard and needed to soak her feet in the pool. After yard work, we treated ourselves to some Dairy Godmother goodness and then hit the park for a little more play time before dark.
We thought we would just share bites of our custard with Elsa. Turns out she was VERY mad that she did not have her own.
no fair! It was 33 degrees here on Saturday and 48 today. The ice on Green Bay is just starting to break up and melt.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for our april visit. sunshine, fun, ice cream, hummus and pita - oh my.
ReplyDeleteAmen. I'm loving our first yard. Spring could not have come soon enough! I'm loving all your pictures.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe there are places in the world so warm.
ReplyDelete