I pretty much have the best husband ever. Not only was he extremely supportive of my Peruvian adventure (i.e. abandoning him and the kids for 9 days), but the week after I returned he surprised me with a ticket to fly to Utah for my Grandma's 90th birthday party last weekend. It was a very quick trip, leaving Friday and returning Sunday, but it was so great to be with my Grandma and many of my extended family that I haven't seen in a long time. I had a layover in Phoenix and ended up on Stephanie's flight to Salt Lake. She was kind enough to give up her first class seat and join me in coach, much to the joy of the person who was sitting next to me. I think I'm getting used to flying without kids.
We headed straight to my Grandma's and hung out for a bit and then made our way to Maddox for a big family dinner. I even got to attend my niece and nephew's piano recital that night (which reminded me how much I hated piano recitals when I was a kid). We spent Saturday morning prepping for the big party. It was so fun to hang out with Grandma, my mom, my sisters and all of my cousins.
My Grandma is such an amazing person (she went skydiving when she was 84!) and I was so glad I could be with her for this special occasion. Judging by the number of people who stopped by the party (including her 104 year old uncle), she is a very loved person.
 |
| My grandma's sister, my grandma, and my uncle. |
 |
| My sister Jenny and her family, my mom, my Grandma, and Steph. |
 |
| the kitchen staff. |
 |
| me and my cousins, vintage style. |
I love that picture of grandma laughing!! Couldn't have done a better job capturing her enthusiasm for life. Happy you were able to be there to celebrate.
ReplyDelete