I was spoiled on Mother's Day. But to be honest, I am spoiled every day. I could never survive being a mother without Ben. If he is around, I rarely change a diaper. He always takes care of bath time for the girls. He is usually the one to get up with the girls during the night (although to the girls' credit, they rarely get up). He is always willing to watch the girls so I can go out and often encourages me to get out and enjoy some time to myself. He never complains about anything that might have gone wrong while I was gone and I usually come home to a clean house. If he sees me straightening up or doing dishes, he always joins in. So yes. I am a spoiled mom. (Not to mention that my kids are awesome.) Amelia has been telling me "happy mother's day" every day now. I like it.
I didn't have to do any cooking or cleaning up on Sunday. The girls made me a wonderfully gigantic Mother's Day card. They also took a very long afternoon nap, which meant we all took a long afternoon nap, followed by a delicious lasagna dinner and a nice evening walk. After our walk, we all enjoyed one of my favorite desserts, strawberry shortcake.
Me and my girls:
Amelia looked like a little old lady carrying this purse around on our walk.
Yum!
I also got to attend a Mother's Day Tea at Amelia's school earlier in the week. After a little class singing performance, Amelia presented me with lots of cute handmade gifts.
I'm glad you had such a great day! Your blue peep toed shoes are awesome. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days.
ReplyDeleteWhat cute girls! I can't believe how big Elsa looks. She's changed a lot since Christmas.
ReplyDeletep.s. I'll e-mail you that recipe.
p.p.s. Two comments in a row from Rachels... this is Rachel Olsen.
And by "Christmas" I mean March. I guess it just feels like I haven't seen you guys for a while.
ReplyDeleteThere you go, your third Rachel comment.