Friday, May 15, 2009

Generally speaking, I'm a fan of trees...

...but the second I realized this particular tree was being cut down, I was ecstatic.

We have a bird situation. Perhaps you recall this post. The house next door, also known as the Boo Radley house, has troubled us since we moved in. It is scary. Dilapidated. Neglected. And swarming with various creatures. On summer nights you can hear hundreds of birds squawking away in the trees and it really feels like they may be planning a revolt. Think Tippi Hedren in The Birds. Sometimes the owner would come outside and set off firecrackers or shoot his BB gun to make them fly away. But they always returned. Add to this the fact that one of the men living there would park his big white van in front of our house every night (to avoid parking under his tree). Ben and I would always joke that the only way we were going to get rid of the birds and the van was to wait for the owner to die. Well, a few months ago he did and the house was sold (they had to drop $100,000 off the list price in order to get someone to buy it) and the first order of business by the new owners was to take down the bird tree.

We had fun watching the process out the window all day. However, there is some concern that all those birds will relocate to our trees...







3 comments:

  1. I hope the birds don't migrate to your trees. We have a bird poopie issue here too. Our cars are covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just hope they fly far away to find a new tree!! Must have been fun to watch, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your decreased car washing bill each month! Happy clean car days wait you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...