Sunday, May 24, 2009

MONDAY: The Capitol


On Monday we headed downtown to tour the Capitol. Ben's dad arranged the tour through his Congressman so we had a private tour with just our family and didn't have to wait in any lines which was nice.




The view from inside the new Visitor Center.




The girls did great on the tour but were definitely ready to leave by the end.

We stopped at the Botanic Garden so the kids could run around a bit.





I let Amelia take my camera around the gardens and when I got home, I discovered that she had taken over 200 pictures. I basically have documentation of all the flowers and plants there as well as a few random strangers. Here are a few photos she took, including a self portrait.







The outside gardens.


Amelia and Anna had fun on the metro ride home.


Amelia and Isaac hanging out at home.

We surprised Amelia with a small early birthday celebration so Grandma and Grandpa could celebrate with her. She loved her gifts and was excited about having cake and a party.




Bath time for Elsa and Isaac...it was so fun to see these two together. Isaac is about 4 months younger than Elsa but much bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...