Sunday, January 29, 2017

Cookies and feeling festive at home.

We got to hang SEVEN stockings on the fireplace this year! I had fun decorating our fireplace mantels. I loved walking out to the mailbox and finding so many cards from dear friends and family. One evening as I walked back up to the house, I could hear Amelia playing Christmas songs on the piano and just loved hearing and seeing that scene through the window. Plus, it was the night before Ben was finally getting home from all his work travel and would be with us for the next few weeks! There's always a special feeling in our home around Christmas time that I just love. The month went by quickly and I didn't get around to making cookies until December 23. I mixed up most of the dough late at night while watching Christmas movies. I made just 5 kinds and didn't have time to try anything new this year, but 5 was plenty and covered everybody's favorites. We were able to deliver some to friends but didn't get to as many as we'd hoped. I made orange slice cookies, peanut butter kiss cookies, salty chocolate nutella thumbprints, chocolate chip coconut macaroons, and chocolate candy cane crush cookies.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...