Saturday, January 21, 2017
Ten Mile Morning
I signed up for the Holly Springs Half Marathon during the summer and then spent the next several months training. The summer was humid and awful for running as usual but I kept with it and was finally rewarded with 50 degree mornings in November. I did my last long Saturday run (10 miles) before the race on the Neuse River Trail. I think it was barely 40 degrees when I started but I warmed up quickly. I loved watching the sun come up and seeing the light change the landscape as I ran. It was a misty morning which made everything even more beautiful and peaceful. The river looked like a painting. The way the sun illuminated the mist was breathtaking. It was a great run, but I'm happy to be back to 3-5 mile runs these days. My knees are happy too. I love having access to so many great trails in this area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment