I ran the Holly Springs Half Marathon on November 19. It was a difficult course that really challenged me but I finished and was so happy to see Ben and the kids at the finish line. It felt good to challenge myself and prove to myself that I could build up my endurance again after my fifth baby. Our bodies are pretty amazing. The first 10 miles were pretty good but the last 3 felt like an eternity. The weather was perfect for a run and we passed some pretty fall scenery along the way. It was a challenge to get in all my training miles with Ben traveling so much but he encouraged me to go whenever he was home and sometimes I could get in a run when Simon was at preschool. Ben and Elsa ran the 5k that morning. It was Elsa's very first race and I was so proud of her for working hard. She ran the whole thing and loved chatting with Ben while she ran. She joined the Running Club at school so she had been preparing for their race which would be a few weeks later. I loved sharing the excitement with Elsa that morning. We headed straight to soccer games after the race and then got to celebrate Oliver's birthday!


No comments:
Post a Comment