I don't think anyone has ever pegged Sarah as a sports fanatic, but she was inexplicably excited about the Packers in the playoffs this year. She even made a special three-layer cake (from scratch!!) with the image of Wisconsin on top. We watched the NFC Championship with the Webbs last night. They provided dinner, we provided dessert and the Packers attempted to provide the entertainment. Success on two counts. Though the Pack couldn't get it done in overtime Sarah pulled off the come from behind victory with the cake. Yes! I AM using a sports analogy to describe Sarah's culinary exploits! She was nearly down for the count (Yes! a mixed analogy to boot) when
Mrs. Millman's famed dark chocolate frosting failed to congeal. But Sarah was not so easily defeated. Like the Packers in better times, she used the frigid weather to her advantage. The freezer was not cold enough, but the front porch was. The stars aligned, the elements came together and a cake was forged--one cake to rule them all. I wonder if Mr. Tolkien was secretly a cheesehead?

(Thanks to Steph for the beautiful cake stand that inspired such a creation.)
It was just as good for breakfast, lunch and now I'm sitting here finishing off the frosting. SOOOO good! Thanks for leaving us the leftovers, it motivated us to get up early for more milk. :) (Ben- way to post! Could you get after Phil?)
ReplyDeleteMy mouth is watering! Bravo Sarah!
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was a crowd pleaser. Delicious!
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious!
ReplyDelete