Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First day of school blog post? Check.

Amelia has been waiting all summer for this day to come. Luckily, she loved her first day of preschool. Her initial response to my question about what she did at school today was a bit vague..."we did everything," but she slowly spouted off more information later today about new friends, snack time, and lining up for the bathroom break. Her school seems to be great and her teachers are very enthusiastic and nice. Since she meets at the rec center, they have access to a great playground, an indoor soft play room, an art room, a dance studio, and riding bikes in the gym.

Amelia was very anxious to get going this morning. I was trying to get ready to leave and she was just waiting at the door yelling "What are you waiting for? It's the first day of school!"


She saw another girl in her class as we were walking in and immediately ran up to her and said "Hi, I'm Amelia. What's your name?" I guess all those pep talks about meeting new friends actually sunk in.


Amelia is in the dolphins class with Mrs. Watson.



When I picked her up after school, the first thing she wanted to do was see Elsa and say hi to her. Elsa returned her greeting with a huge smile, as if she recognized that her morning had been missing something.

2 comments:

  1. Dolphins are known for their incredible intellect and friendliness. Good match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she said her name was "Amelia" and not "Bun!"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...