It is absolutely crazy that Elsa is one. The year has gone by so quickly. She is enjoying all the benefits of turning one, including sitting forward-facing in the car and drinking whole milk. She also chose her first birthday to be the day when she finally made it into the toilet for some splash time. She still hasn't figured out the walking, but we can barely keep up with her fast crawling. She is a sweet, calm, happy baby and we're so lucky to have her! It was fun to have other family here to celebrate her birthday.
In the morning, Ben stayed home with all the kids and I went to brunch with Mary and Rachel at La Madeleine in Old Town. It was such a pleasant morning and we were able to sit on the patio and enjoy some yummy French food. I spent the afternoon making Elsa's cupcakes. I tried a recipe from the famous Magnolia Bakery in New York and they were delicious. You can find the recipe here. We had a luau theme for her party and enjoyed a chicken and rice dinner out on the patio, followed by cupcakes and presents. Amelia definitely had fun assisting Elsa in all the festivities. After the kids were in bed, Ben and I continued the celebrating by going out to see the new Star Trek movie. It was awesome. Star Trek fan or not, it's a great movie.

I think you need to share your cupcake recipe!
ReplyDeleteMy mouth is watering for one of those big cupcakes. Mmmm chocolate. Do share the recipe.
ReplyDeleteI meant to include the link to the recipe and forgot. I just went back and added the link.
ReplyDelete