Monday, January 11, 2010

Camping. The winter version.

Last week we were really feeling the gloominess of January. We needed something fun to do and it couldn't involve being outside due to the complete lack of tolerable winter weather. We decided a camping trip in the living room was in order. When I announced this to Amelia, her reaction was over-the-top excitement. Screaming. Jumping up and down. "Can we use our sleeping bags?!!?" "Is it tonight!?!?" "How many days until we go camping!?!?" "Can we go now?!?" I love how excited kids can get over the simplest things. We had successfully eliminated the January funk.

So Friday night we set up Amelia's tent in the living room and got out all of our sleeping bags. We made tinfoil dinners and cooked them in the oven. We had a flashlight dance party in the dark. We watched a movie from the comfort of our sleeping bags. (Okay, not really true to camping, but it was fun.) We made s'mores over the stove. We had a big pancake breakfast in the morning. It was perfect.












3 comments:

  1. so cute! Jordan has that same sleeping bag:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you remember this, but when we were kids in Indiana our family packed up for an overnight camping trip (maybe to turkey run?). The campground was full so we turned around and came home. Mom and dad had us set everything up in the living room (minus the big canvas tent) then we watched the Miss America pageant from sleeping bags. I don't remember for sure, but I'd bet we had tinfoil dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm excited for James to get a little older so we can do stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...