Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was so lovely. I got to sleep in and was treated to a french toast breakfast. The girls made me cards. Amelia did a great job singing a Mother's Day song in church. I enjoyed an afternoon nap followed by a delicious dinner made entirely by Ben.

On the menu: BBQ ribs on the grill, cornbread (made from scratch), mashed potatoes (also from scratch), spinach salad, corn on the cob, and my favorite Trader Joes beverages...sparkling Clementine juice and French berry lemonade.



And he washed every last dish. (While I lounged on the couch and talked to MY fabulous mother on the phone.)

And for dessert, Ben made his first pie from scratch. An amazingly delicious key lime pie. Really. Here is the recipe from Barefoot Contessa. You will want to try it. AND, it keeps in the freezer for a long time so there is no need to devour the whole thing in a day or two.





Favorite moment of the day...
Amelia: "Mom, I really need to tell you something."
Me: "What?"
Amelia: "I love you."

Definitely a good Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. We tried the pie last night - it's really good! Even though there's no pressure to eat it all within a few days, I think we might do it anyway.

    Look's like you had a great Mother's Day! Good job Ben (and girls)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a really funny image in my head of Ben being the Barefoot Contessa...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...