(Amelia's jumping form also improved...she started by always landing a painful face-first. I think she was trying to land in a swimming-ready position. But she finally figured out that feet first was best.)
One of her first jumps:
By the last day, she was able to jump off and then swim all the way to the ladder. Earlier on, she had been swimming straight over to the side, and then going down to the ladder.
Elsa slowly grew tired of the pool as the days went on...she wanted to be independent in the water, but since she can't swim and the water came up to her chin (she had no interest in the baby pool), this was difficult. She was happy to spend all of her time playing on the stairs leading down into the water, seeing how far she could go before going under. And yelling at me if I came too close.
We took the girls to the Water Mine Waterpark this afternoon and they had an amazing time. It was fun to watch Amelia be so independent in the water and Elsa was so happy going down the slides over and over and over. We all enjoyed countless laps around the lazy river. I'm sad to see the pool days of summer coming to an end.
Wow! That's impressive. Good job Amelia. And glad you made it to the Watermine...sad we weren't there.
ReplyDeleteThat's fantastic! She really picked it up fast! I loved seeing the metamorphosis from her first jumps off the board to the last where she looked like a little fish in the water.
ReplyDeleteI think most kids Elsa's age prefer steps... why haven't pools caught on yet by creating a pool of just steps?
I love the face plant! I keep watching it over and over and cringe with pain and laughter each time.
ReplyDeleteI love the face plant! I keep watching it over and over and cringe with pain and laughter each time.
ReplyDelete