Sunday, February 13, 2011

Date Night

Go to Rasika and order the palak chaat. And bring me with you.

We have been wanting to check out Rasika (an Indian restaurant in D.C.) for a long time and finally made it happen this past Wednesday night. It's always hard to get reservations there, especially with our last minute planning. Thanks to a mid-week date night and snow that evening, we were able to get in without trouble. Our palak chaat appetizer was amazing. It's crispy spinach with sweet yogurt, tamarind, and date chutney. Don't like spinach? It doesn't matter. You will love this. The crispy, melt-in-your-mouth spinach is mind boggling. They have really good breads there. The warm goat cheese kulcha was fantastic. Our entrees were good. Nothing too different from what I've had at other Indian restaurants. I would love to try some of the other dishes though.

After dinner we drove aimlessly around D.C. for a bit and enjoyed the scenery and conversation. I took random photos out the window with my little Canon PowerShot.




















(Lincoln in the rear view mirror.)

We live in a cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...