(My mom made Oliver some amazing sweaters...more pictures to come.)
Everybody had the day off on President's Day except Amelia, but we kept her home anyway so she could hang out with us. It turned out to be a cold day and Ben sprained his ankle playing racquetball a few days before so we didn't have any grand plans. We decided to try out an indoor mini golf place in Maryland. There turned out to be a 2 hour wait to play (who knew so many kids had birthdays that day!) so we played a few arcade games and laughed at Oliver in the black lights...
The kids were pretty disappointed that we couldn't golf so we stopped at the Goddard Space Flight Center which was on the way home. We had been before but knew it wouldn't be crowded and it's free.
Ben and I were able to go out while my mom was here (we saw True Grit and really liked it).
The girls were pretty sad to see them leave. Things I heard after they woke up Saturday morning and discovered Grandma was gone (my dad left earlier in the week):
Elsa: "Where's Grandma? I NEED her. I want Grandma to play with me."
Amelia: "Oh no! We were having so much fun with Grandma that we forgot to have her cut our hair!" (Thankfully Amelia was much less sassy with my mom during this visit.)
Such a good picture of Mom and Oliver! And I love Space Man Oliver.
ReplyDelete