I was able to go to Amelia's class the Friday before Mother's Day for a special party. The kids had written short essays about why they love their moms. They each got to introduce their moms to the class and then they gave us a necklace and card they had made. The teachers gave us all flowers and then we had cake and ice cream. The kids also sang a few songs. I was too busy juggling Elsa and Oliver and didn't get any photos. Amelia was mostly excited that she was allowed to wear a fancy dress that day instead of her school uniform.
The Friday after Mother's Day they had a special Mother and Daughter Tea for the whole school in the evening. Amelia and I got dressed up and had a fun date night. They had the older girls serve tea and punch and cookies. They had a really nice program. A girl from each grade was selected to read her essay about her mom. One of the teachers gave a really nice speech about mothers and daughters. After the program we went out to dinner.





(Amelia with friends from her class.)
No comments:
Post a Comment