After dinner we acted out the Nativity. We have a great script that my mom created years ago, complete with a choral reading. There was some debate in the beginning about who would be Mary but in the end Elsa was Mary, Oliver was a wandering Joseph, and Amelia was the angel, a sheep, a wise man, and an inn keeper. Elsa delivered one memorable line during the nativity: "I can't fit baby Jesus in my mouth. How am I supposed to swallow him?" Um, that would be swaddle, Elsa.
The kids got to open new pajamas and then we read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Oliver went to bed and the girls got cookies ready for Santa and wrote him a note. They spent a LOT of time making thank you notes for Santa...I don't think they wanted to go to bed. After all the kids were finally in bed, Ben and I watched It's a Wonderful Life and amazingly, I didn't fall asleep.
It sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I'm glad Elsa got the swaddle/swallow thing figured out - that must have been a stressful moment for her. :)
ReplyDelete