I walked out on the Wilson Bridge for viewing and it was great to be at such a high, open vantage point. We were able to follow the shuttle's flight path all around the area for about 30 minutes. On its first approach to the bridge it flew right over our heads! My pictures are less than stellar since I lack any kind of zoom and I was too caught up in the moment to realize my settings were all wrong.
It was incredible to see all the people watching on the bridge and along the water. Traffic on the 12-lane freeway bridge came to a stop as people just parked their cars and got out to watch.
| Approaching the bridge. (D.C. is in the background.) |
Great idea to hit the Wilson bridge. Was that a photo of someone stepping into a stopped car on the bridge? Speaking of uptight--I was simply headed home on Telegraph the other day when some dandy thought I had cut him off so he passed and flipped me off and kept those fingers flipping and flapping until he was well out of view. Nice.
ReplyDelete