We took our time opening gifts, stopping to pull everything out of that pesky plastic and set things up. We took a break for a yummy breakfast of German pancakes with apples, sausage, and bacon. Then finished unwrapping gifts under the tree. The rest of the day was spent playing with new toys and games, doing puzzles, watching movies, and video chats with family. Ben's parents joined us later in the day and were given a tour of all the new toys.
Before the chaos...
(This Symphony in B toy is so cool. I highly recommend it for just about any age.)
Amelia's Christmas list grew longer and longer every week (she started it a few months before Christmas). Elsa's only request was a Dream Lite. She said that Santa would be able to decide what she would want (luckily she screamed "this is just what I wanted!!" with every gift she saw).
Amelia had been asking for an American Girl doll for a few months. Not because she's really into dolls, but because she knows kids that have them. I kept trying to tell her that they were way too expensive and she may not get everything on her Christmas list, etc etc. She kept telling me that Santa's elves could make one.
She was so excited when she saw the doll and kept saying "Now I KNOW Santa is real because you would never spend this much money on a doll!" She was right. And luckily Santa's elves know about Target. I just make sure to hide the American Girl doll catalogs from her when they come in the mail (you know, so she doesn't start asking for a grand piano to go with her doll). And I'm pretty sure the American Girl franchise overheard her talking about the dolls because those catalogs inexplicably started showing up in our mailbox a few months ago.
Elsa got a doll too so they wouldn't be lonely. And every doll needs a horse, right?
BEFORE:
AFTER:
I hate those American Girl doll catalogs. They also started magically appearing at our house a few years ago (Liz didn't want one until she saw a catalog I forgot to hide from her).
ReplyDelete