Simon Robert Black
Born Wednesday, April 17 at 9:45 a.m.
9 lbs 8 oz
21 3/4 inches
The (condensed) birth story.
I was scheduled to be induced last Wednesday (at 39 weeks) because of my history of rapid labor. I was beyond uncomfortable so I was happy to move things along. I was already dilated 5 cm and having mild contractions when we arrived at the hospital. My doctor broke my water at 7:15 a.m. and there was no need for pitocin. My contractions increased and I got an epidural. It didn't quite have time to kick in and I was suddenly ready to push (like, REALLY ready to push). Of course nobody else was ready (despite the fact that everyone had supposedly been preparing for my rapid labor) and my doctor was in the OR so they called for another doctor at the practice. Of course she wasn't going to make it on time so a random doctor showed up to deliver the baby. I really didn't care who was there as long as I could start pushing. Two pushes later and our sweet (not so) little baby boy was born at 9:45 a.m.
Screaming. Healthy. And perfect.
He is perfect. I love that you are savoring and holding and loving this little one. Web schweb. Hold the baby babe!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of him smiling! congratulations!
ReplyDeleteTotally perfect. That last picture is just precious!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! He is a beautiful little boy!
ReplyDeleteCongratulation! Love all the sweet pictures, especially the one of him smiling.
ReplyDeleteOh what a beautiful baby! How is it that he can already look so much like your other kids? Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI love the one with Simon smiling in his sleep. He is adorable.
ReplyDelete