There is an old farm house there, the Mount Bleak House, that you can tour. We had never done the tour before but one of the rangers was kind enough to give our huge group of excited kids a tour. It was perfect because she geared the tour toward the kids and made it very interesting for them. She wasn't bothered by their enthusiasm and didn't even panic when they touched something (rare for a house tour around here). We learned all about how a middle-class farm family lived in the 1860s. Oliver was getting a little crazy on the tour so I had to take him out, but the girls loved it.
Elsa picked a bouquet of wildflowers for me. "Mom, don't see what I'm doing. It's a surprise!"
Oliver enjoying the freshly cut grass.
Not thrilled to find this little guy spying on us.
I hung out with these two while the others finished the house tour. Simon immediately rolled onto his face and attempted to eat some grass.
Descending into the creepy ice house.
Pretty much my favorite place in the world (minus creepy snakes). Best grass for playing and well, eating too!
ReplyDelete