Admiring her pink bathroom.
Monday, July 14, 2014
saturday outing part 2: hillwood
On a whim we decided to visit Hillwood, the estate of Marjorie Merriweather Post. It was such a gorgeous day, perfect for some gardens. I had taken the girls there last summer for the French Festival but Ben had never been. The gardens there are beautiful and it's fun to tour her mansion and see her various art collections. There was also a fun Cartier exhibit going on. Ben took Elsa through the house first while I explored the gardens with the others and then I went through the house with Elsa, Amelia, and Abi (Elsa wanted to see it again). (We didn't want to attempt to take Oliver and Simon in the house or into the Cartier exhibit.) It was really fun to walk through the house with the girls. They were loving all of Marjorie's fancy collections and picking out their favorites while imagining themselves living in her house. They loved seeing all of the fancy Cartier gems too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment