Saturday, February 28, 2015

Valentine's Day

On Valentine's Day, I had my annual Valentine's Day tea party with the girls. I made scratch off cards for invitations so the girls had to scratch off the gold heart to reveal the time and location. We had a fun tea party lunch with heart-shaped sandwiches, strawberries, pink lemonade, and cakes and brownies. I also gave the girls chocolate roses which they thought were the coolest thing ever. They put on jewelry and hair accessories and loved talking about tea party etiquette. Oliver eventually joined us and mostly just used the word "poop" repeatedly to try and get a laugh.











Ben and I reminisced about the Valentine's Day we spent in Paris 10 years ago when I was just pregnant with Amelia. Life is a little different now. While I went out to do a run, Ben surprised me by preparing a gourmet dinner. Roasted duck with a pomegranate sauce, couscous and broccoli. For dessert he made grilled apples with cheese, roasted pecans and a honey glaze! It was all delicious. He even made an effort to keep it light and healthy since we're doing another weight loss contest right now. The girls ended the evening with an impromptu show they put on for us. We were issued tickets and then they performed a comedy routine and a dance show. Who needs to go out when we have all the entertainment we need right here at home. It was the perfect ending to our day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...