I tried to enjoy as many newborn snuggles as possible those first few weeks. I'm so grateful that my mom has been able to be with us after the birth of each of our children. We couldn't have survived without the help of my mom. She made meals, cleaned, did laundry, changed diapers, held Ruby, watched the kids so I could run errands and gave the boys some much needed attention. She spent a lot of time playing "sports' with Oliver on the XBox and playing soccer with him outside. My mom kept Ruby late into the night so I could get some rest. I was grateful for her moral support as I suffered through all the difficulties and pain I had with nursing (largely due to Ruby's tongue tie...she ended up having it clipped twice). I loved having my mom's company during the day and watching Poldark and other shows together at night while I nursed Ruby on the couch. I forgot how long those newborn nursing sessions can take with a sleepy baby and diaper changes.
Oliver asked daily to hold Ruby the minute he would wake up. He was (and still is) very interested in her and gives her no personal space. We are constantly reminding him to be gentle and not disturb her when she's sleeping. I have loved seeing everyone interact with their new baby sister. The girls are so sweet with her and everyone is in love with this sweet baby.
Oliver learned to ride a bike one day. While I was napping, Ben put the pedals back on Oliver's bike (we had removed them so he could do the "balance method" for a few weeks) and he started riding on the first try.
Working on General Conference packets while we listened to the sessions.
One week old.
Trying on the bonnet my mom crocheted as part of her blessing outfit.
Two weeks old.
It was hard to say goodbye to Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment