I voted. Unlike my sister, I had no problems at the polls. I walked right in. No line. It almost went too quickly. I was hoping for at least a few minutes to stand around and take it all in. Share the excitement with fellow voters. At least have a minute to dig my wallet out and find my I.D. It was just me and several smiling poll workers, eager to show me the way in case I didn't see the hundreds of arrows neatly placed throughout the elementary school gymnasium. Even our ballot was short. Before I knew it, I had my sticker and I was walking home, trying to re-explain the voting process to Amelia who continued to flip flop between candidates throughout the day. She finally joined with Ben and I and got excited about Obama this morning as we watched the news, although she was concerned about the logistics of Obama moving into Bush's house and Bush not being by Dad's office anymore.
It was exciting to vote in Virginia, although I must admit that I fell asleep before Virginia officially turned blue and various speeches were made.
So cool! You're so close to all the action!
ReplyDeleteFor me, hearing Obama's acceptance speech was exhilarating! What an exciting time for the future (and history) of our country.
ReplyDeleteI also love being in a swing state where my vote actually has the potential to make a difference!
How exciting to be so close to it all! What a year...
ReplyDeleteEven though Utah is about as red as they come, it still felt good to cast my vote for Obama. I was almost in tears listening to his acceptance speech...such a cool moment for our country.
ReplyDelete