This was the Hohenschwangau Castle, also located in the same area.
We filled up on bratwurst before beginning the hike to the castle.
A view of the Hohenschwangau Castle.
After our tour, we hiked over to this bridge and had some great views of the castle.
It was incredibly windy on the bridge. And freezing.
We warmed up with some hot cocoa and the most amazing hot cream cheese donuts.
Our Bavarian feast that night...the perfect way to end a rainy day. We topped it all off with some apple strudel.
I took this picture while waiting in the jetway to board our flight home...Ben was already comfortably seated in his massage chair in Business Class enjoying a beverage.
Oh I love seeing someone else's adventure to that valley and the two castles. We actually stayed in a bed and breakfast in that valley. I saw the mug you got too and thought it was great, we got the same one when we were there along with a piece of swirled vanilla chocolate cake :) but that cream cheese donut sounds good. It looks like you had a great time.
ReplyDeleteI am very jealous, but also very glad that you were able to take such a wonderful trip. Thank you for sharing all the beautiful pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you ate well, saw lots of scenery and had fun together. Too bad Sarah had to ride coach as Ben was livin' it up in business. So not fair.
ReplyDeleteHow AMAZING. I hope I make it there someday! Also- your coat is so CUTE!!! You have such good style!
ReplyDelete