Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vancouver: Day 2

We had not planned on driving anywhere in Vancouver, just walking or taking public transportation, but we decided we could get around faster and get to more places by driving. Unfortunately, that meant cramming 6 of us into our little rental car. Rachel volunteered to ride in the trunk...





We headed out of the city for a bit to get a taste of the beautiful green mountains. This was a suspension bridge in Lynn Canyon Park:











(They have really big leaves in Canada)

Views from Stanley Park:








We visited the Vancouver Aquarium:









This bird pooped on me. I had just finished telling everyone about how I had been pooped on in my backyard a few days earlier, which made the timing of this splat particularly amusing.


Delicious pizza for dinner in Gastown.


Totem poles in Stanley Park.


Evening view from Stanley Park.

Erin, Rachel, and I ventured out that evening in the pouring rain to explore. People there didn't seem to be deterred by the rain. The streets were filled with lots of interesting people. Being Halloween weekend, it was difficult at times to tell if people were in costume or their regular clothing. We passed a very interesting street performance/dance/mime (a reenactment of the crucifixion) as well as a homeless man holding the biggest rat I have ever seen (yes, it was alive, and yes, they seemed to be good friends).

We found a great little crepe cafe and because crepes are not enough, we also stopped at a cupcake shop. Sometimes cupcake places are not as good as they look, but this place did not disappoint. We headed back to the hotel and stayed up late playing Shogun and eating cupcakes.


Enjoying crepes.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of your sisters and you can see you taking the picture.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...