Friday, November 6, 2009

Vancouver: Day 3

Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden in Chinatown:












Shopping in Chinatown:




Noodles in Chinatown:


Wandering Granville Island and Market:








Queen Elizabeth Park and Gardens:






Dinner at the famous Vij's (it has a reputation as the "best Indian restaurant in the world"):

We arrived about 20 minutes before the restaurant opened for the evening, knowing there would be a crowd. We were one of the last groups to get a table, just avoiding a 1 1/2 hour wait. The food was soooo good. Best Indian I've had. The service was great too. The owner personally went around to each table a few times to check on things. While we waited for our food, they brought around yummy "snacks" to each table.




The famous lamb popsicles were delicious. Our waitress told us the sauce was so good we would want to bathe in it. I think it was an accurate statement.


The all-female kitchen staff.



Since it was Halloween, we finished off the night by watching "Wait Until Dark." True to form, I fell asleep half-way through. But, I just watched it (in its entirety) with Ben tonight and it was fantastic. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. Oh so suspenseful. Just make sure you're awake for the whole thing.

Day 4 of the trip involved a long day of travel. It is much harder to cross the border back into the U.S. from Canada. Long lines. But we made it the airport and I enjoyed lots of time for reading and ipod-listening on the flight home. The girls were so excited to see me, even though they had to pick me up at the airport at midnight. I also came home to a very clean house, courtesy of Ben.

1 comment:

  1. This was such a great trip!! I'm so glad we were all able to make it. Also, I'm still on the lookout for some great boots.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...