Ben with James and Dolley
After we checked out of the Inn on Saturday, we drove to Staunton. I would love to go back again and spend more time exploring and photographing. It's a really neat old town with lots of interesting architecture. Our main reason for stopping there was to see a Shakespeare production at the Blackfriars Playhouse, the world's only re-creation of Shakespeare's original indoor theatre. The playhouse was really nice and the play was excellent. We saw "All's Well That Ends Well." The theatre is small and keeps to Shakespeare's original staging conditions...they keep the lights on during the performance to encourage more interaction between the performers and the audience. It was a fun experience.
Ben in front of the playhouse:
We wandered around the town a bit after the play and stopped for dinner at the Depot Grille which was in the old train station.
The hazy view on the drive home:
I'm wondering we are not BEST FRIENDS. So much of what you do and love resonate with me. I took Jamie to Staunton for a birthday get away several years ago and we saw a play at the Black Friars. I do think he needs to book me a room at that inn! I love beets!
ReplyDelete