I definitely got my leaf fix in. The colors were amazing. We enjoyed roasting s'mores around the campfire and playing games inside the treehouse after dark. Amelia was completely in awe of all the stars at night. It was nice to get out and enjoy Fall. We all slept comfortably but it was pretty cold outside of our sleeping bags in the morning. Ben was kind enough to make us all hot chocolate to coax us out of bed.
We came across some Civil War historical site on our way to the campground:
Our treehouse:
Elsa called it a fairy house after Amelia pointed out the perfect fairy tree outside the door. Amelia spent her time gathering food (acorns) for the fairies. I picked up her jeans that night and countless acorns came pouring out of the pockets onto the cabin floor. We were all stepping on acorns the rest of the night.
I LOVE the pics!! I wanna go there. I hope to coax Darin into it someday:)
ReplyDeleteyou are one brave women to go camping 9 months pregnant. it looks like a beautiful place if we were ever to go camping though.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! I love the colors....and miss camping with you guys.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could go with you.And see the fairy tree and camp it would be really fun.I have some fairy trees near my house.And I think calling the house a fairy house is a brilliant idea and gathering food for them.
ReplyDeleteFrom Naomi
This is Dan. I have been banned from your blog and need to be welcomed back. I think Ben and I have the same sweater. I went with the green and brown combo. I'll bring it for thanksgiving so we can be Turkey Twinners... if you want.
ReplyDelete