Thursday, March 10, 2011

Discovering Maryland

The only thing separating us from Maryland is a few miles and a gigantic 12-lane bridge over the Potomac. But somehow we often overlook Maryland. Last Saturday Ben found a fantastic park/farm not far away. I'm still amazed that after all of our exploring, we're still discovering these fantastic places. Piscataway Park is located directly across the river from Mount Vernon. There is a fishing pier, nature trails, and the National Colonial Farm which has lots of farm animals and cool old buildings. It was free. And other than some people fishing on the pier, we were the ONLY PEOPLE THERE!

I'm already looking forward to a return visit in the spring. And I'll definitely bring my nicer camera next time.

Every good Saturday starts with a lazy morning...



Before exploring the park, we had a picnic:








(Mount Vernon)








(Elsa could have spent all day throwing rocks into the water.)















We saw a sheep and her baby that had JUST been born. (By just I mean the umbilical cord was still hanging from both of them. Pretty gross.)

The animals were all being quite noisy. Elsa got pretty angry with the cows:



We stopped at Fort Washington (another fun Maryland spot) on the way home for a quick 3 mile walk while Amelia rode her bike. It felt so good to spend so much time outside.

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find these places? I'm going there!! And Elsa had me cracking up!! She wouldn't have liked where I grew up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video could totally go viral - so funny.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...