Ben's career has taken such an interesting turn. A few months ago he was attending long boring meetings (in a tie) with finance ministers at the World Bank and now he's traveling to various hospitals observing surgeries (in scrubs). And lounging (in pajamas) in his home office.
He is really enjoying the change. He does some traveling helping with other projects in this area and along the East coast, but otherwise he's at home and able to spend a lot of time with us since his Johns Hopkins project isn't really starting until the Fall. His trip to Philadelphia was to provide case support in one of their operating rooms that had just been completed. He had to observe surgeries in the room for three days and be available in case there were any malfunctions with the equipment. Apparently the most important piece of equipment in the operating room is the ipod docking station. The doctors like to rock out while cutting out various organs. One of the surgeons he observed was blasting Twisted Sister and Def Leppard while taking out a gallbladder.
The girls were so excited about staying in a hotel. Elsa was constantly asking if it was time to go down and have breakfast, even in the evening. We stayed in an Embassy Suites so it was nice to have the extra room. The kids spent a lot of time doing this:
The girls also managed to sleep late each morning. I actually had to wake Elsa up one morning so we wouldn't miss breakfast:
The girls loved feeding the ducks that were in the courtyard...
and riding in the glass elevators...
What a fun trip! And my kids LOVE hotels as well. I was happy to see that I don't have the only children who jump from bed to bed!!!
ReplyDeleteI love to jump on beds to I can't jump on my bunkbed I'll hit my head!!!!!I like the picture of Elsa in action(picture number 2).
ReplyDeleteFrom Naomi