The best part about returning was seeing how happy the kids were when they saw me in the morning. Oliver wouldn't stop smiling and the girls wouldn't stop talking, filling me in on all the details of the last week. The first day back felt strange and I had to stop myself from saying "gracias" (which is about the extent of my Spanish). But I was happy to have clean bathrooms stocked with toilet paper. The flight to Lima is fairly short and there is only an hour time difference so I haven't had to readjust much. Just avoiding a massive to-do list and the daunting task of sorting through my 2000+ photos and videos.
The kids had fun receiving/wearing all of their Peru gifts.
| Oliver loves his super soft alpaca. Or is it a llama? |
| Amelia made me this fabulous paper flower bouquet and left me some sweet notes. |
Welcome back! So glad you had a great time. Hope the week has gone okay for you!
ReplyDelete