Wednesday, April 18, 2012

testing the waters.

The forecast for Monday was close to 90 degrees and since Amelia gets out early on Mondays it was the perfect opportunity to head to the beach! We ended up at Sandy Point State Park on the Chesapeake Bay (our original destination was our favorite hidden fossil-hunting beach further south but apparently it's not so hidden anymore...the parking lot was overflowing). Sandy Point, on the other hand, was not crowded. Which made more sense for a Monday afternoon in April.

I wasn't sure how Oliver would do at the beach but he absolutely loved it (and didn't even try and wander too far!) so we ended up spending several hours there. Amelia and Elsa were brave enough to get in the freezing cold water. Even Oliver didn't mind getting his feet wet. Mostly he just ate sand. Like, a LOT of sand. He wouldn't stop shoving it in his mouth. The girls busied themselves with sand sculptures. I got to read a book. Amelia said "It's too bad adults don't get to have as much fun at the beach. All you got to do was sit and read a book and play on your phone." Indeed.

I love how happy Amelia looked in all of my pictures. 











Sunscreen hair!









2 comments:

  1. Can I have Amelia's swimsuit in my size please? :) This reminds me of us at the Williamsburg "beach" one October. :) Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super impressed that they got in that water! I would have avoided it. Silly mom reading her book and not knowing how to have fun! Hah.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...