Saturday, September 22, 2012

second grade.

Amelia is really enjoying second grade. She is in the Young Scholars class and being challenged a bit more. She is always eager to give me a detailed report when I pick her up from school. There is usually good news (I had art today!) and bad news (you forgot to put a spoon in my lunch!).

She is doing ballet again and has also started piano lessons (and is responding much better to this teacher than she was to me). Now if we could just remember to practice...




Elsa is always excited to be reunited with Amelia at the end of the day. These two play/scheme/create endlessly together.

Amelia was not happy that I wouldn't buy her a new backpack this year (I insisted her backpack from last year was still in great shape). So she was beyond thrilled on the first day when the school handed out new backpacks to all of the students. She was especially excited that she got one with zebra stripes.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope they didn't give the kids those backpacks b/c they expected them to be filled. What a load!

    But really, it's good that she has a pack she likes. Backpacks are very defining things for kids. I remember finally realizing that it was cool to loosen the straps until the bag bounced off of your knees. Revolutionized my social life.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...