Monday, March 18, 2013

national colonial farm

A few Saturdays ago we had gorgeous weather. Ben was busy all day with a big project in our backyard so I decided to take the kids to National Colonial Farm in Maryland to enjoy the warm temperatures and blue skies. As usual, we had the place to ourselves and the kids had fun running through the farm.



The highlight of our visit was hanging out on the banks of the river. Oliver threw rocks into the water for at least 30 minutes straight. The girls started collecting shells which quickly evolved into the creation of a restaurant called the Dolphin Diner. I enjoyed relaxing on a log and watching the kids play while I was served lots of interesting dishes by Amelia and Elsa.






(A huge eagle's nest. With an eagle perched inside.)




(Throwing rocks toward George Washington's Mount Vernon which can be seen on the other side.)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...