Saturday, July 20, 2013

Amelia's baptism.


Amelia's baptism was on Saturday, July 6. (Children in our church are baptized at the age of 8. You can read more about baptism in our church here.) She was baptized by Ben and the program was really beautiful. It was held at our church building that is just down the road from Mount Vernon with lovely views of the Potomac River. Amelia was excited and also a little nervous to be the center of so much attention. We were so grateful to have the support of my parents who came all the way here for this special occasion. We also had so many dear friends who came which meant a lot to us.



My mom did Amelia's hair in a beautiful braided crown.







It was a hot and humid day. We took these photos as quickly as possible and got back inside.


Amelia and her sweet friend Abi.





5 comments:

  1. She's a beautiful girl, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are the pix I've been waiting for!! Amelia, you are so pretty! Congratulations. I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful girl, in a beautiful dress! Congratulations Amelia. Wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Amelia! I wish I could have been at your baptism. From, Anna Sollis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Amelia--she looked so beautiful in her dress with that hair. Also, I LOVED her shy, frowny face during the program.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...