I ended up with a migraine on Mother's Day, which I rarely get. So I spent most of the afternoon trying to sleep it off. I did get to enjoy a yummy dinner and a walk around the neighborhood with the kids while Ben did the dishes. And my siblings and I all surprised my mom with a group video chat which was really fun.
Melon with basil sugar. (It was a basil-heavy meal. My favorite.)
Caprese salad. I could eat this all summer.
And this panzanella which has become my go-to summer meal.
The kids made me lots of cards. Amelia made this sign and hung it up.
Oliver passed out on the couch after dinner so he missed our little neighborhood walk.
The girls helped me make my favorite strawberry shortcake for dessert, using strawberries we picked the previous day.
Earlier in the week I got to attend a special Mother's Day program in Elsa's class. The kids
presented a play they had been working on (Elsa was a duck, hence the
all yellow outfit). They also sang a few songs and then presented us
with handmade gifts enjoyed some treats with us.
The kids each drew a picture of their mom and we had to guess which picture was us.
No comments:
Post a Comment