Monday, October 20, 2014

Road Trip: Maine (Cape Elizabeth Light)

We left Ogunquit and drove through Kennebunkport (famous for being the summer home of President Bush) while the kids napped in the car. We made sure to drive by the wedding cake house.




Our next stop was the Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse (also known as Two Lights, although the second lighthouse has not been active for many years). I could not get enough of the rock formations here. I loved the rocky coastline of Maine and this section was particularly stunning. Everyone enjoyed more time climbing and exploring. I was amazed (and a bit scared) by the rocks the kids would quickly scramble up. Before I could tell them to go up a different way, they were already at the top. We had the place to ourselves which was nice.





































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...