Friday, June 12, 2015

diy side table + black walls

We had been looking for side tables and nightstands for a long time and I was always so frustrated with the high prices for such a small piece of furniture. I saw a tutorial online for these mid-century-inspired side tables and we decided to try making one. It's made out of a giant cake pan! (We spray painted the cake pan, stained the legs and top, and then assembled it.) It was easy to put together and now I'm just trying to decide where to put it. I kind of like it against our new black wall.





After painting a small section of wall black in our kitchen, I've been dying to try painting a whole wall black and finally did it in our piano room. (It's actually a really dark gray.) This room doesn't quite have a solid purpose yet and mostly just becomes a dumping ground for all kinds of random stuff. Some day we'll get furniture in there and get it put together. But I love the dark and light contrast.




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...