Monday, March 7, 2016

Magnolia Gardens

While Ben was working all day in Charleston, I did some exploring with the kids. I took them to Magnolia Gardens hoping it wouldn't be too crowded (it was Martin Luther King, Jr Day) and knowing they would love the petting zoo. We pretty much had the place to ourselves and the kids loved all of the aggressive animals in the petting zoo. The deer ate all of our admission stickers right off our coats. We walked around the gardens and the swamp. I spotted some tulip magnolias starting to bloom and still hope I can make it to these gardens in the spring or summer some day. It wasn't quite the leisurely stroll that I enjoyed with just Ben a few weeks earlier. Simon was being quite difficult to manage and my pregnant self just didn't have the energy to keep up with him. Luckily Amelia stepped right in and helped to keep him moving in the right direction on the trails, even giving him a ride on her back for a while. I was so glad she was willing to help without even being asked. I think she saw my patience quickly vanishing.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...