Saturday morning I walked across the Key Bridge into Georgetown and wandered around the beautiful streets. I stopped at Baked and Wired and picked up a few cupcakes to bring home and I picked up some pastries at Paul (and a nutella beignet for Elsa). I checked out of my hotel and headed south, getting stuck in some traffic on 95 of course. I stopped for lunch in Richmond. I got the most delicious vegetarian bahn mi (with sweet potatoes) at the Naked Onion and their bread pudding was amazing too. I stopped at Maymont to walk around for a bit. I made it back to the car just before a huge thunderstorm hit. It started to hail and was so loud. Most cars had to pull over on the freeway until it passed. The rest of my drive was quiet and uneventful and I was so excited to get home and see my sweet kids. Ben had the house cleaned up for me. He's pretty much the best. It was a much needed break and I'm so glad Ben made it happen. He headed to Charleston on Monday morning and had to work until the following Sunday night so I was glad I had a little break ahead of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment