Friday, March 10, 2017

Infinity Mirrors at the Hirshhorn

I met Jessica at the L'Enfant metro stop and we got lunch together before heading to the Hirshhorn for our 2:30 exhibit time. It was so fun to catch up with her and have lots of time to visit. We passed through the Haupt Garden on our way to the Hirshhorn and the magnolia trees were full of giant buds, ready to bloom in another week.

The "Infinity Mirrors" exhibit was amazing. There were 6 different rooms as well as some of her other work. It was crazy crowded though and we had to wait in endless lines to see each room. Then we were only given 20 or 30 seconds at the most in each room. That part was frustrating but the rooms themselves were breathtaking. I would love to go back with the kids, but it's become so popular and tickets are extremely hard to get. (They are free timed tickets and they release a certain amount every Monday for the following week. I lucked out because I had gotten one hour early access for the first ticket release through signing up for their newsletter.) The kids would love it though, and I would love to spend a little more time in each room to really take it all in. I'm grateful I was at least able to go once though. The Obliteration Room at the end of the exhibit was fun. It started out all white and they give each person a sheet of stickers to add to the room. It was already pretty "spotted" on day two of the exhibit when we were there.

After the Hirshhorn, I walked through the mall a bit and then took the metro back to my hotel and hopped in my car and drove to Alexandria. I met up with several old Franconia ward friends for dinner at La Madeleine. It was so fun to catch up and visit with so many dear friends. We really loved our time in Virginia and will always miss it.





































































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...