We have a tradition of attending the rehearsal for the big Capitol Fourth concert the night before the Fourth of July. We enjoy lounging on the grass in front of the Capitol and watching Amelia dance to the music. They always end with the 1812 Overture (with cannons) which always gets me in the mood for the Fourth of July festivities. The performers the last few years haven't been too exciting, but this year we lucked out with Barry Manilow AND Aretha Franklin.
Barry on the jumbotron.
Elsa rocks out with Aretha.
Big Bird and the other Sesame Street characters also made an appearance.
I just caught up on your other posts...so fun! Seriously. Did you rent the kayak or is that yours? And I've told Cory we should go to Annapolis but he hasn't been convinced...we're going. :)
We rented the kayak from Jack's Boathouse in Georgetown, right under the Key Bridge. There are a few places around there that rent canoes and kayaks. I highly recommend it.
What a great idea. Next year, I'm in!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! That is a great idea...we'll have to do that next year.
ReplyDeleteYour blog always gives me good ideas on things to do...
I just caught up on your other posts...so fun! Seriously. Did you rent the kayak or is that yours? And I've told Cory we should go to Annapolis but he hasn't been convinced...we're going. :)
ReplyDeleteWe rented the kayak from Jack's Boathouse in Georgetown, right under the Key Bridge. There are a few places around there that rent canoes and kayaks. I highly recommend it.
ReplyDelete